Wednesday, December 7, 2016

DIY Australian Native Christmas Wreath | Ellen Bourne




I love Christmas in Australia. The scent of foxglove, honeyed sunlight and the bursts of red and green in gumnut blossoms. Sea-salt springs into the air and lands on the tongue, heat cracks and curls under the floorboards and the streets come alive with the twinkle of fairy lights and neighbours who can finally brave these balmy nights without a pair of thermals. The Myer christmas windows light up and the sunsets are bright cyan and magenta.

This year I'm celebrating with a trip to Phillip Island. But before that I'll be ensuring I turn my house into Santa's Workshop. If you haven't yet seen my Christmas Decor Haul go watch that now to gather some inspiration for Christmas decorating. Once you've done that, let's get inspired to create some fantastic welcoming pieces. You can watch my DIY video to create the above Australian Native Flora wreath and bring some of our country's gorgeous flowers into the home permanently.




Xo,

Ellen