Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Turmeric Oats | Ellen Bourne



Today I'm sharing with you all a recipe I made up just the other morning. I had the idea to add Turmeric into my morning porridge and I thought you'd all appreciate it! 

To create these Turmeric oats you will need:

1 Cup of rolled oats
1/2 Cup of Black Chia Seeds
2-3 Tablespoons of Desiccated Coconut
2-3 Tablespoons of Turmeric (fresh or ground, either is fine!)
Honey or brown sugar to taste
1 Apple
1 Banana


Basically I poured the oats and turmeric into a saucepan along with two glasses of water and stirred them thoroughly over a medium heat. As the oats turned more porridge-y I added in the desiccated coconut and honey. Next, I sliced the apple into thin slice and cut those through the middle once more so that I had a collection of apple-y semi-circles. I then tossed them into the pan and stirred thoroughly once more.

I then took the pan off the heat and let the mixture cool. Once cool I added in some more water along with my chia seeds and stirred all that through, making sure everything was really mixed in. Finally I spooned about three spoonfuls of the mixture into a little jar and topped it all with some sliced banana.

I place the rest of my mixture into a sealed container and put it in the fridge. I would say this recipe could create about four meals worth of food. So would be excellent to serve as a healthy porridge for the family, or to prep for yourself to help you power through the week ahead. 

Let me know if you try it!