Saturday, August 6, 2016

Vaniday Spa Experience | Clara's Beauty Room | Fitzroy Ellen Bourne


The other day the lovely ladies at Vaniday gifted me with a gift voucher to try out their service to book the beauty treatment of my choice. Vaniday is a website and app with an extremely user friendly interface that allows consumers to type in their postcode and instantly book the beauty or wellness treatment of their choice.

I was pretty excited to test out the app, it's new and interesting and super-convenient. So I headed over to the website, typed in my postcode and checked out the services available in my area. I was impressed with the wide range of different services featured: From massages, to manicures to facials and reiki treatments. I knew this was a business I wanted to get involved in. I booked in to see Clara at Clara's Beauty Room in Fitzroy, Melbourne for a mini facial.

My initial booking time wasn't available, luckily Vaniday are prepared for circumstances like this and I was notified early the next morning via text message (no waiting around for emails!) and provided a list of the other available times Clara had that day. I picked my next time and that afternoon headed down to Monarch Hair Design on Johnston street for my mini express facial. Thanks Vaniday! It was ridiculously both to book and reschedule.

The Service Itself:

Clara's Beauty Room, is located inside Monarch Hair Design (so you know it's fit for queens!) on Johnston St, Fitzroy. In terms of ambiance/aesthetic I give it a 10/10. Clara is a lovely lady and knows what she's talking about. The room was private, and beautifully decorated with a mandala wall hanging, rainbow lights thrown over the walls and meditation music playing.

I was booked in for an express mini facial using Centella (Gotu Kola) based skincare products. The mini-facial included a skin analysis and exfoliation. Clara also performed a hand massage while I waited for some of the products to do their thing and I was so relaxed I nearly fell asleep.

Clara is very knowledgeable and was able to inform me that while my skin is oily, it is also dehydrated. She talked about dietary problems that can cause digestion (dairy!) and nodded approvingly at the fact that I typically eat a vegan diet (I slip up occasionally, but I don't consume much sugar or dairy at all). She also told me not to use a grain exfoliant (she used a gel exfoliant on me), to put vitamin E cream on at night, and to use cleansers of a milky or creamy consistency. I've followed her advice using my McArthur Natural Products Cream Cleanser, and tossing one particularly astringent toner to the side. Two days later my skin still looks excellent.

I would really like to get my hands on some of the centella products Clara used, because the things they did for acne scarring were completely amazing. A particularly red patch near my nose has reduced by what looks like half. I think I'm going to have to buy a bag of these Gotu Kola tea leaves and start drinking it daily. The effects I've read up on sound incredible!



If you're in the Melbourne area, head on over to the Vaniday website and book yourself in to see Clara.

Xo,

Ellen