Saturday, December 13, 2014

Holiday Decor for the Low-Maintenance Type:


Hello hello,

I've just set up a little 'sort-of' Christmas tree in my bedroom. It's more of an ornament display tree, I wanted some kind of Christmassy display in my bedroom, but I also know I won't be here very much throughout the month of December because I'm spending Christmas with my parents.


I really like the sparse minimal branches and over-sized decorations. I think the little bells also add a traditional touch.



The peacock is my favourite.



To make the tree I just stripped the leaves from about four small branches from a tree in our backyard and popped them into a vase that normally displays a set of flowers and peacock feathers. I then added fairy lights, jingle bells, handmade baubles and a few birds. I feel like it's cheerful and stylish enough and not 'over-the-top' for decorations when you're not even going to be around to enjoy them.





If you wanted to recreate this at home it would be nice to add to a dark corner of your house, even if you have a big Christmas tree. However I'd recommend the use of battery-run lights, mine are plug-ins which means sadly, my tree with be dark most of the time because nobody wants exorbitant power bills.