Thursday, December 18, 2014

Biggest Christmas Light Display in the WORLD!

Every year during December Canberra (of all places) and SIDS and Kids set up the largest LED imaging display in the world. With a just a gold coin donation (going to a worthy cause) you can enter a large tent in the CBD of Canberra that is absolutely dripping with fairy lights.




Joss and I decided to head over there earlier last night when we had a bit of free time while we were in Canberra, safe to say: We were impressed. Impressed and chuffed enough with the magic of the display that we were happily wandering around chatting away to our vlogging camera's and filming passers by, likely to their dismay.



This set-up used to be at an actual house in the suburb of Forrest and could be seen from space. Yeah, space.

I'm not 100% sure if the tent set-up still can be, but I'd sure like to know!




Regardless of whether or not aliens are watching Canberrans Christmas display it's still quite amazing and if you're around Canberra during December I'd suggest it's well worth the trip. Wander into civic for a festive drink or two and then explore the blinking lights. I promise you, you will feel as though you've entered fairy-land.




If you're not a huge fan of fairy lights I'm guessing this won't appeal to you, but um... I am so it really appeals to me, haha!