Monday, August 11, 2014

The 'Ideas Book':

source
Yesterday I had a discussion with some beautiful people who I am lucky enough to call my friends. This discussion ended up culminating in an amazing idea and that was to write an 'ideas' book.

Jokingly I quoted the Castle's, 'he's an ideas man' line. I was talking about the fact that I'm often bursting to the brim with ideas, and wish I could be paid for it. I then suggested I attempt to write and publish a book of ideas, maybe something similar to a Wreck This Journal, but instead of ideas for the pages it would be filled with ideas for rainy (or sunny!) days. Eventually we meandered off to realise that EVERYONE should write their own 'ideas book' and keep it with them at all times, that way when you're fifty years old you could crack open up your ideas book on a lazy Sunday and finish an idea you had at twenty. How cool would that be?!

I think it would be so, so cool for everyone to have their own ideas book. All you need to get started is a blank notebook!  Pick pages left, right and centre so you never know when you'll come across them. And don't worry if you're having a mind-blank. The ideas will come, the point of the book is to grow organically. You WANT blank pages right now. You need space for all the brilliant, personal ideas that are right now flying your way!