Sunday, August 31, 2014

Current Favourites || Beauty ||


Hello all!

The idea of doing a beauty-based post gives me the heebie-jeebies, but I thought I'd give it a go anyway. After all, it's quite rare that I find a product THIS GOOD.

Many of you (especially readers from overseas) will not have heard of the brand Australis. It's a fantastic, classic Australian make-up brand, doing everything from face-bases to nails. At the moment they seem to just be killing it!

Aside from being cruelty-free, Australis do a great product. As this post from Beauty Bunny will tell you, cruelty-free does not always equal a good product. And, Australis is affordable. The Stayput! Longwear Foundation cost under $15.00AUD, as did the Fresh and Flawless Pressed Powder compact.

I switched to these from a foundation and powder combination by Nude about three or four weeks ago, and seriously, I can't see myself going back.

I'd heard about the Fresh & Flawless powder via various Beauty Bloggers and Vloggers but I wasn't sure about believing the hype, until I tried it. Seriously, this product leaves your skin so smooth, so close to flawless it's incredible. It turns my skin, which is unfortunately still in that annoying 'not a teenager/not reaaalllly yet an adult' phase, into like...Velvet or something. I don't know how this corrects, conceals and fill in so MANY things, but it does. A dream product.

The Stayput! Foundation claims to last at least 16 hours. I'm not completely sure that it does the job, but it certainly lasts from my 9am lecture to my 6.30am class, and I usually still look quite nice by the time I step off a 1.5hr train trip home from uni. That's quite the achievement considering I have the worlds driest skin and rarely remember to drink enough water. I'd say it does the job. It might not last you exactly sixteen hours but hey, I've never timed it. It's great medium-coverage wear. Seems to work well with most concealers, even quite lower-end ones, and definitely works well with the Fresh & Flawless powder.

I'd recommend them both, though the containers aren't exactly what I'd deem, 'full-size' they are handy for travelling, being a bit smaller than the average.

Xo, Ellen