Thursday, July 10, 2014

FOODIARY:


I've been a vegetarian for about three (?) years now, and I'm looking to start eating vegan. Because of this urge (I've been feeling it for several months now) along with my new plan to stop being so incredibly lazy and actually eat healthily once or twice, haha, I've been trying out some new recipes. 

Over the past couple of days I've been trying out fresh, home made juices and this morning I did a quick Tumblr search for 'vegan recipes' (Tumblr's is such a great resource, isn't it?) which led me to THIS post over on the website 'The Colourful Kitchen' for Baked Vegan Oatmeal.

I already had all the ingredients at hand here at my parents house as they always eat quite healthily, so I decided to whip it up as the recipe looked very simple. 

You can follow Ilene's recipe, or you can try the fruit twist version I made, ingredients listed below.

INGREDIENTS:

*1/2 cup of quick oats
*Oat milk
*Teaspoon of black chia seeds
*1/2 a granny smith apple
*A rough handful of berries
*Honey
*Brown sugar
*Cinnamon
*Desiccated Coconut

After slicing up the granny smith half into very thin slices I simply mixed all my ingredients together (add oat milk, sugar, honey, coconut and cinnamon as desired depending on how you like your oatmeal/porridge) and baked it in the oven at 160 degrees Celsius for about twenty minutes. Too easy!

I even baked it in the mug I ate it from. Ridiculously simple!



It was so, so delicious and fairly healthy too! Win-win. 

Tell me, what are your favourite vegan (or just 'healthy') treats?

Xo, Ellen