Monday, June 9, 2014

Sukin Skin Care: A Review:

Hello all!

Today I thought I'd post a little product review of a skin care brand I started trying out at the beginning of this year on a recommendation from a friend. It's actually become pretty rare for me to do product reviews, and I'd like to keep it that way because I feel that if I'm only recommending products I'm reaaaalllllyyyy excited about, then you all know that I really do adore it.



Sukin, or Sukin Organics is an Australian-based skincare brand that supplies affordable, natural, vegan and cruelty-free skin and hair care. For a small brand they offer a very, very large range of product and supply everything you'll need to keep your skin nourished from top to bottom.

I started using Sukin's Cream Cleanser, Facial Moisturiser and Hydrating Mist Toner. I've also sampled a few other things, but I plan to keep this review based around those three products as they are the ones I've given a real try.



I received a sample tube of the Facial Moisturiser in a beauty box and died a little bit over it. Not only does it smell like a combination of delicious herbs and a chocolate orange, it's a fast-absorbing and all natural product containing aloe vera, nettle, burdock and horsetail, as well as rosehip, wheat germ, and jojoba and avocado oils to heal and nourish the skin. I fell in love and immediately bought the full-sized moisturiser.

Then, as winter was coming on and I knew my skin was about to become bone-dry (it's SO dry!) I decided to test out a few more of these incredibly nourishing, vegan and carbon-neutral (seriously, how cool is that!) products. I purchased the hydrating mist toner, which is full of chamomile and rose water to soothe skin and reduce redness (something I definitely need with scarring), and the Cream Cleanser.

Each of these three products have truly been working wonders on my skin. Although with the extra dryness from the harsh winter wind I have been thinking of picking up the Sukin exfoliating facial scrub to combat flakiness and problem areas.

I use these products two or three times a day. Because they are alcohol and paraben free they are very gentle on the skin. The hydrating mist toner can be used any time, and over anything - which is great for travelling! The cream cleanser helps keep my skin soft and my face no longer feels tight after washing. And the moisturiser, oh the moisturiser! If I ever find a moisturiser I love more than this I'll eat my socks! I tend to use a decent amount (remember, my skin is ridiculously dry!) all over the face, wait for it to soak in and then go over my drier areas (such as my cheeks and jawline) with more afterwards.

Sukin is currently available in Australia and the UK. Hopefully the good word will spread and soon it will be available in all countries. You can check out the Sukin range and it's availability in your country at http://www.sukinorganics.com/