Monday, June 30, 2014

Rainfall:


I love the rain. I used to hate it, but I think I'm slowly beginning to fall in love with the act of walking underneath a fine drizzle, drops falling on my nose & a make-up free face tilted toward the sky. 

Yesterday it was drizzling down & all the buildings seemed to be melting into a grey atmosphere. Where I live it rains about eighty percent of the year and then we fry for three months in summer. I wandered around my yard snapping a few photos of our plants because I love the way gardens look on rainy days. They become so green and clean (hehe). The colours of flowers look so bright and fresh and the plants seem to lift their little faces upwards for a drink.


I love the richness of those few colours that pop from the grey sky at this time of year. They seem to have so much depth and life, which is exactly what you need to cheer yourself up during the gloomy winter months. 

Look at the little raindrops caught on the succulent in the above photograph. Doesn't that just make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? They're like crystal magnifying glasses but they'll only last a few moments! (btw, I'm well-aware that I'm a weirdo...)


Fresh, bright pink and green is one of my favourite colour combinations. Add a pop of white and you're in for a treat of a photograph!


This guy's a little blurry, but I love the big puddle of raindrops caught at his heart. I think I get weirdly excited about plants, but hey I like noticing things! 

A while ago I was on Audrey Kitching's blog and came across an article about the act of 'grounding'. I love getting out and about in nature, visiting forests and just hanging out in the garden. Because of the aforementioned rain levels in my town I don't do it often enough, but the idea of grounding or 'earthing' struck me as really interesting. You can read about it here.here Have you ever tried it? Would you? Let me know in the comments! 

Hope you are all well and having a lovely time living wherever you are! 

Xo, Ellen