Thursday, May 29, 2014

Rockeresque Beauty Company: Review:


Hello all!

The other day I had the pleasure of recieving my first order from Rockeresque Beauty Co.

I assumed I would be recieving the thing I ordered, which was the Dead As Night (limited edition) gel eyeliner. Boy oh boy was I wrong. Not only did I recieve my long-awaited vegan and cruelty free (!) eyeliner, but Rockeresque sent me like SEVEN sample eyeshadows as well! Wow. Wowzee wowzer wow! I was impressed and highly grateful, to say the least. I was a little shocked actually, what a sweet company! How nice! I mean, it felt like Christmas. Needless to say I immediately began trying the products out.


Be still my beating heart! I really love this coppery colour. I have green/blue eyes and really like wearing warm toned make-up in pinks, browns, burgundies, etc on my eyes so I was so glad to receive this lovely coral-ly copper as a freebie in my Rockeresque package. Below is a picture of me wearing it with their silver loose glitter dusted over the top, and the Dead as Night gel eyeliner.


Yeah...I suck at applying eyeliner at the moment because I haven't worn full make-up in forever, but you get the idea. It's a very, very pretty colour. 

I was very impressed with the quality of these eyeshadows, they are easily blended, beautiful colours, vegan, cruelty-free and I'm yet to experience fall-out or creasing. Although I will note, the loose glitters did end up a little south of the bottom lid, but if you don't like being drenched in glitter you are either strange or allergic. 



Look, they sent me FOUR loose glitters! Pink, silver, blue (which I'm actually thinking of pairing with 'Beating Heart' now...) and black, pictured below. AND two awesome unicorn stickers which now live on my laptop.


Black and silver loose glitter, eyeshadow sample in 'Girl Fight', Dead as Night eyeliner & a cute thank you note. Love you girls too, Rockeresque!


I don't think people understand how much I love glitter...



Look at how cute this limited-edition packaging for the Dead as Night gel eyeliner is. The bottle is so elegant also. The bottom (clear part) unscrews and the brush is in the top part. I really like the brush, it's quite easy to use and made of soft acrylics. I find gel eyeliner close to foolproof when you get used to it and I'd been looking for a cruelty-free replacement for my old Maybelline favourite, I think this might be it!


Thank you so much Rockeresque for sending me all these awesome free samples! I'm so in love with all the products, and I was genuinely shocked (in a good way!) when I opened my two packages and SO MANY THINGS fell out. I can't remember the last time I had a reaction like that when dealing with a business!

Quality: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10 for the gel eyeliner, and also 10/10 for the sample baggies because you can just dip your brush in and get a good amount of eye shadow from around the sides of the bag
Customer Service: Freakin' like, 32/10 :)


You can buy Rockeresque products HERE


Xo.

Ellen :)