Thursday, January 16, 2014

50 Facts About Me + Lots of Harry Potter References:

Hello All!

I've recently noticed my follower count rising and thought, 'hey, maybe I should tell these chick and dudelets following me a bit more about myself, y'know just so they know I'm not actually an 85-year old living in their mother's basement alongside a sick Jeffrey Campbell collection'. In all seriousness though, here are twenty facts about me. Yes, this is a self-gratuitous post; yes, there's the likelihood I'll regret posting this much personal information online and yes, I wasn't kidding about the JC's.



FACTOIDS:

1. Every year since the age of 17 I have written a manuscript for a novel. As of 2014, only TWO are incomplete and those are the ones I started last year. Although, three out of the other four have gone missing.

2. I could literally watch Harry Potter every single day and not get sick of it.

3. As soon as I can, I'm moving to either Norway, Canada or Switzerland. Why? Because I'll be able to hide under onesie's all year round. Ain't no 40+ summers over there!

4. One of my biggest life goals (secretly, kinda) is to own both a Boarhound and an Irish Wolfhound.

5. Luna Lovegood is my spirit animal. This isn't even a joke. Okay, it is but it's kind of true too.

6. When I was thirteen I tried to win a free iPod by entering a poetry competition. I didn't get the iPod but for a while I received emails from a book publisher saying they'd published my poem & I never found out if it was real or not.

7. Another life goal of mine is to drink butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks. Because of how intent I am on making this goal a reality I once had a dream about my sister and I sneaking in to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park and the characters all got really angry at us.

8. Speaking of dreams, last year I found out I've been Lucid Dreaming my entire life and never knew it!

9. I've been a vegetarian for nearly three years now.

10. The first tattoo I ever got was a Lord of the Rings quote, but I'm not telling which one!

11. I faint at the drop of a hat, especially in the heat - hence the planned (one day!) northern hemisphere move.

12. I absolutely despise the taste of Coca Cola and cannot remember the last time I drank it. I seriously think I can taste the lime (one of the original ingredients in Coke) and the other hideous flavour that makes it so hideous. Is it cinnamon? I think it is. I like cinnamon but Coke is foul.

13. When I was a kid I decided my favourite food would be sandwiches, to cover all bases. Although I'm pretty sure my favourite foods are actually any kind of Mexican or Indian food.

14. The Hogwarts skyline is as recognisable to me as Manhattan's would be to a born/bred New Yorker. I know, I know, shut up about Harry Potter...

15. I have, for the past year, had the opportunity to live with some of the best, nicest and most intelligent people I've ever met.

16. I hate that the global community is so divided; race religion, in the end it doesn't matter. Respect people, the Earth and everything in it and leave it be.

17. I find people who talk about other people extremely boring and will zone out of the conversation for several minutes until it comes back to something I'm interested in (usually this is a bad habit, but I think in the case of 'bitching' my ignorance becomes well deserved) like politics, or Harry Potter.

18. My BIGGEST life goal (bigger even than owning hounds!) is to publish one of my novels, or at least edit them to perfection...Which will never happen, there's NO such thing as perfect.

19. I'm only 159 centimetres tall. Oh hell, I probably won't even be allowed on the rides at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

20. One day I will complete my PhD in philosophy at RMIT (or another university) and when someone has a heart attack on a flight and someone else yells for a doctor, I'll be there, dispensing metaphors and simile's and quotes from Nietzsche like a boss...It's not going to help much with the heart attack victim though, sorry buddy.


Well there you have it! Twenty facts about me. I would love to get to know the people reading my blog too, leave a comment with something fun/funny/weird about yourself below if you like!

Xo, Ellen